The Book Fair is a little over a week away! Here are all the details you need to know, all in one place:
*WHEN: Saturday, September 16, from 10 am to 6:30 pm
* WHERE: The main space is the OMNI, at 4799 Shattuck Ave, Oakland. Parking is limited in this neighborhood, but the OMNI is near many bus lines and approx 8 blocks from the Macarthur BART station. Start there! All workshops will be at satellite locations:
* ACCESSBILITY: All vendor areas, restrooms, and workshop spaces are wheelchair accessible. We encourage comrades and others with mobility and sensory related disabilities to attend during the first hour. Fragrances and smoking in or adjacent to the building are not welcome at any point in the day and will be especially unwelcome during the first hour. ASL Sign language interpretation will be available for some workshops. Please inquire at the welcome table.
* CHILD CARE: Some lovely volunteers will be offering childcare throughout the day at the OMNI.
* SCHEDULE: Vendors will be staffing their tables from 10 am to 6;30 pm. We will have workshop schedule grids available at the Welcome table. The workshop schedule is also here:
* WORKSHOPS: Descriptions of all the workshops are here:
* VENDORS: The list of confirmed vendors is here:
* VOLUNTEER: We would love your help! We particularly need folks to come to the OMNI on Friday night between 7 and 9 pm to help set up tables and chairs. We also need help breaking down at the OMNI on Saturday from 6:30 to 7:30. If at any time you would like to volunteer throughout the day, please stop by and hang out with the kiddos in the childcare area or ask what is needed at the Welcome table.
* SPREAD THE WORD! Please post our website or Facebook Event page on your social media networks:
If you have any other questions, please reply to this email or visit the Welcome Table at the event.
The 2017 Book Fair Committee