Accessibility Information <—– abled people should read this too.
The Book Fair Committee is committed to improving accessibility at the event each year.
For the 2023 Anarchist bookfair we will offer:
- Majority outside vendors and workshops held outside.
- 10-11:30 a.m.: KN95 or N95 masks are required indoors and out. After 11:30am: masking strongly recommended. Free masks available at the entrance all day. Ventilation running inside.
- a shaded area that will be prioritized for people with disabilities and will have some water and snacks available there. This area will have seating and a cot.
- we will have a couple of wheelchairs and a power source available there as well. If you anticipate needing a wheelchair, please let us know what size and type of chair to bring by September 15th, and we will try to meet your need.
- microphone/speaker set for the workshops for HoH and Deaf people. We will also have people doing ASL for some workshops. We are asking that people contact us about their needs with regard to ASL by September 1.
- volunteers at the welcome table and the accessibility area, so any accessibility needs can be heard and hopefully addressed.
- volunteers at the welcome tables who people can talk to if they experience ableism/racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia/other forms of oppressive behavior and hopefully address it. Please see our statement of Mutual Responsibility.
- the indoor area of booths is one large, 50’ by 35’ room with high ceilings and 6 operable windows in the hall and dining area, which will remain open for the duration of the fair to maximize ventilation.
- a transportation map-noting transit options, wheelchair accessible routes and nearby accessible parking.
- a medic on site all day.
- prioritized seating for clear sight lines and wheelchairs in the workshop areas.
- large enough space between tables or behind tables for people in wheelchairs who are tabling.
- the area will be ramped, so wheelchairs have access.
- we are attempting to have food trucks nearby, and in the surrounding area there are options, and we will have a list of some of what is available.
- that there will be no alcohol for sale.
to send out messages and do what we can to keep the environment low fragrance and smoke free for the first 90 minutes.The Book Fair Committee is committed to improving accessibility at the event each year.
For the 2023 Anarchist bookfair
Email email@example.com to request the above needs or for volunteering.